Effective communication and early cost advice and assistance during the briefing process allow us to better manage cost and forecast any additional expenditure. Open communication between all stakeholders also ensures timely decision making and minimises risk associated with miscommunication.
By benchmarking client projects against similar local and international projects, we ensure best practice is considered; costs are managed and quality is maintained. Coupled with the latest technologies and software applications, we are able to maximise value through increased cost accuracy.
Working with our clients, we select designs, materials and systems that combine to have the least impact during a building’s creation and offer improved environmental performance during a building’s life. Davis Langdon understands that sustainable practises are a must in today’s environment. We use our embodied carbon calculator — the Embodied Carbon Metric — to calculate emissions based on geography-specific emission factors, helping the design team to reduce the embodied carbon of a proposed building.
Our Cost Management team considers our clients’ project requirements from all perspectives — from market research to delivery strategies, from target quality standards to sustainability and life cycle cost implications — to provide our clients with a number of benefits.
Our comprehensive range of Cost Management/Planning Services include:
- feasibility studies
- cost planning and estimating
- civil engineering cost estimating
- value management services
- building engineering services
cost planning and independent peer reviews
- project procurement strategies
- preparation of tender and contract documentation
- preparation of bills of quantities and schedules of rates
- tender analyses
- contract administration and cost control during delivery
- cash-flow forecasting
- financiers’ project reporting, including loan drawdown and cost to complete
- public private partnerships (PPP) cost management, including public-sector comparators, financial-close documentation and verification during delivery
- tax depreciation services
- building replacement valuation